A member of the Georgia Bar Association, attorney James E. Cornwell, Jr. from Cornwell Law in Toccoa, Georgia has primarily concentrated his practice in the areas of divorce and custody, personal injury, as well as business litigation.
Meet Our Attorney
Attorney James E. Cornwell, Jr. is a graduate of Clemson University and has attended the University of South Carolina School of Law. He graduated from Woodrow Wilson College of Law and has been a member of the Georgia Bar since 1977. He was also elected the Stephens County Solicitor from 1981-1998 and elected Superior Court Judge from 1999-2010.
- Georgia Bar (1977)
- U.S. District Court of Appeals (1982)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1984)
- B.S. Clemson University (1973)
- University of South Carolina, School of Law (1974)
- Woodrow Wilson College of Law, JD (1977)
Professor of Criminal Justice; Piedmont College (2001-2010)
Certified General and Domestic Mediator in Georgia
Associations and Memberships
Verdicts and Settlements Won To Date
- $1,000,000 settlement in personal injury case
- $450,000 jury verdict for abusive litigation
- $254,000 jury verdict in battery explosion case